- Type: Forest Park & Nature
- Best Time: March - November
- Suggested Duration: About 2-3 Hours
- Open Now: 7:00 ~ 18:00
- Tickets: ¥228/person for Entrance Fee (Including in the Ticket Package)
- Address: Administrative Office of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Wulingyuan District, Zhangjiajie City
A saying goes “He who does not reach Huangshi Village does not pay a true visit to Zhangjiajie”. With an elevation of 1080 meters, Huangshi Village (Yellow Stone Village) presents the largest collection of marvelous spectacles and also provides the largest sightseeing platform in Zhangjiajie. From here, travelers can overlook the Precious Box for Hiding Sealed Book, the Magic Needle, South-Heaven Pillar, South-Heaven Gate, The Platform of Snatching Stars, Six Wonder Pavilion, the Ruin Piers and so on.
What to Explore at Huangshizhai
Various Shaped Stone Hills – the Highlight of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park
On the top of Huangshizhai, you could overlook stone hills with various shapes, the biggest highlight of Zhangjiajie Forest Park. All of these peaks look the same as what they are named after. You could see Five Finger Peak, which just seems 5 fingers of human. Lovers Peaks just looks like a couple of lovers. The Natural Mural shows a cowboy going back to home. You need to give full play to your imagination, then you will find those figures hidden deeply in stones.
Seas of Clouds and Mist – a Fairyland Like World
Standing on the top of Huangshizhai, you could enjoy the charming beauty of fairyland. Because you will see the seas of clouds and mist among the mountains. The best time to view such a dream-like world is the sunny day after a rainy day and you can take beautiful photos of clouds and mist especially before sunrise.
Sunrise – the Best Angle to Enjoy
Apart from taking photos of clouds and mist, you can also shoot stunning sunrise from Huangshi Village. The most convenient and the best spot to view sunrise is the Star Picking Stand which has the elevation of 1,092 meters.
For detailed information about how to visit the sunrise from Huangshi Village, please feel free to contact our private consultant.
Wild Monkey – the Master of the ‘Village’
As a part of the natural heritage – Wulingyuan scenic area, Huangshi Village has been well-preserved. Therefore, there are many wild animals living in the mountain. Wild monkey is one of them. These monkeys are smart enough, and remember not try to tease them, or you will be in trouble. They may also beg for a little food from you.
Best Ways to Visit Huangshizhai
Xiao Huan Zhai – Small Circle Suitable for Travellers Catching Time (The most popular one)
- Length: About 3 km (1 km’s walking and 2 km’s cable car)
- Visiting Time: About 50 min (30 min’s walking and 20 min’s cable car)
- Route:Cable Car Station – Pavilion of Six Wonders – Star Picking Stand – Five Finger Peak – Fairy Presenting Flowers – Golden Turtle in Fog Sea – Monkey Marshal Assembling Soldiers – Cable Car Station
In this way, you will take cable car up and down the Huangshi Village, and walk along the small circle for enjoying scenery. Otherwise, you could also choose to hike up or/and down the mountain. The length and visiting time suggested above include the length and time you may need to return by cable car.
Da Huan Zhai – Large Circle Suitable for Travellers with Enough Time
- Length: About 5.8km (3.8 km’s walking and 2 km’s cable car)
- Visiting Time: About 2 h 10 min (1.5 h’s walking and 20 min’s cable car)
- Route:Start from cable car station to all spots
In this way, you will take cable car up and down the Huangshi Village, and walk along the large circle for enjoying scenery. Otherwise, you could also choose to hike up or/and down the mountain. The length and visiting time suggested above include the length and time you may need to return by cable car.
1. The length of the cable car for single way is about 1 km, and the time needed for it is about 10 min.
2. There are two ways for hiking up/down mountain. One is from Dayangba Square(大氧吧广场) to Star Picking Stand, the other is from Dragon and Phoenix An (龙凤庵) to Golden Turtle in Fog Sea. Walking time for the former one is about 1h 20 min, and the later one is about 1 h 10 min.
The entrance fee for Huangshizhai is included in the ticket package of Wulingyuan Scenic Area which is ¥228 per ticket. The single way ticket of Huangshizhai cable car is ¥65, and the round trip ticket is ¥115.
|Ticket Package 1||￥228||It includes core scenic spots of Wulingyuan Scenic Area.|
|Ticke Package 2||￥290||It includes the single way ticket of Huangshizhai cable car.|
|Ticke Package 3||￥340||It includes the round trip ticket of Huangshizhai cable car.|
How to Get to Huangshizhai
Huangshi Village is located at Zhangjiajie National Forest Park of Wulingyuan District, Zhangjiajie City, and it is about 30 km from Zhangjjiajie City. You could take direct bus from Zhangjiajie Central Bus Station to Forest Park Ticket Station. Then walk for about 5 min, and you will arrive at Yangba Square where you could take free battery car to the cable car station or hike up Huangshi Village. The driving distance between Zhangjiajie and its nearby attractions are as followings.
- 30 km away from Zhangjiajie City (1 h 20 min’s driving)
- 25 km away from Yellow Dragon Cave (40 min’s driving)
- 20 km away from Suoxiyu (3 h 30 min’s driving)
- 40 km away from Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon (1 h 30 min’s driving)
- 20 km away from Baofeng Lake (30 min’s driving)
- 8 km away from Yuanjiajie (1 h 30 min’s driving)
- 35 km away from Tianmen Mountain (1 h 30 min’s driving)
- 75 km away from Tianzi Mountain (2 h’s driving)
Warm Tips for Huangshizhai Tour
- Wearing: It is advised according to the temperature. You should also wear comfortable sports shoes, because you have to walk for long time in Wulingyuan.
- Eating and Drinking: The foods sold in scenic area are always more expensive than in downtown area. Be prepared for this.
- Warning: Don’t try to tease wild monkeys in Wulingyuan scenic area or take photo with them, because you may be in trouble.
How to Plan a Huangshizhai Tour
Most travellers would like to start their Zhangjiajie tour from Huangshizhai. It is the first station of them to explore Wulingyuan Scenic Area. They may spend 3 to 5 days to visit this magnificent scenic area.
Generally, tourists arrive at Zhangjiajie at the first day, and then they will live near the scenic area. Then at the second day, they will go to Huangshizhai to overlook the spectacular scenery in the national park. After that, they will go to Golden Whip Brook which covers a distance of 7.5 km, winding across mountains and valleys. Then at the third day, explore Yuanjiajie and Tianzi Mountain. The mountains of Yuanjiajie inspired the floating mountains in the Hollywood movie Avatar. You can have a stunning view of the peaks rising one after another at Tianzi Mountain.