Tianmen Mountains, Zhangjiajie Yongding District is the highest mountain, north of Zhangjiajie center 8 km, due to natural wonders Tianmen hole named, the earliest recorded in the history of the mountains. The main peak of 1518.6 meters(4982 ft), The formation of the rare world wonders of today – Tianmen hole, Tianmen hole north and south to wear, a natural hole in the mountain of a height of 131.5 metres (431 ft)， hence the name Tianmen Mountains, Has a history of 1754 years.
The forest resources are rich, About 500 acres(333335m²) of original forest Forest coverage 90%, with many extremely precious and unique plant varieties , In July 1992, the Chinese Ministry of Forestry approved the establishment of Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park, Tianmen Mountain Zhangjiajie become the second national forest park.
Best Times to Visit
Tianmenshan belongs to the subtropical monsoon humid climate, abundant sunshine, abundant rainfall, long frost-free period, the cold period is short, four distinct seasons, the average frost-free period lasted between 216 days to 269 days. The annual average temperature is around 16.6 ° C. Zhangjiajie winter without cold, summer without heat, the annual average temperature of 16.8 ° C, can be described as four seasons, four seasons are suitable for the tour.
- The best time to travel is the annual April-October, especially in April and October of the two months, Tianmenshan scenery the most beautiful, the most suitable for the tour.
- The temperature difference between the foot and top of the mountain is large, so bringing some thick clothes to keep warm is necessary.
- Location: On the south of Zhangjiajie city, close to the bus and train stations
- Open: 8am–4pm
- Entry: March–November: RMB 258; December–February: RMB 225 , children under 1.2 meters free of charge, children 1.2–1.5 meters half price; students with student ID RMB 158; seniors (60+) RMB 158 (passport needed as evidence).
Tianmen mountain cableway
The World’s Longest Cable Car Ride up to the Mountain Top
cableway line length 7455 meters, the upper and lower station level difference of 1279 meters, is the world’s longest single-line off the chain of cable machine cable, of which 98 cars from the Swiss company CWA , The car body height of 2 meters, 6 m / s speed, 1000 / hour one-way traffic, 38 degrees of the maximum slope, which in the country and the world are rare, which is the world’s most Complete the most advanced set of ambulance system.
a total length of 10.77 km, but in such a short distance, its elevation from 200 meters to 1,300 meters, Potential to build the Heaven-linking just 99 bends.
Taking bus in the tianmen mountain road is very safe, because since the tianmen mountain scenic spot open, never any safety accidentappeared on the tianmen mountain scenic mountain roads.
you buy a ticket which entitles you to either a cable car ride up the mountain and a bus ride down (“A Line“), or the reverse (“B Line“). As of April 2016, this ticket costs RMB 258, plus a RMB 3 “insurance” fee (when you see how steep the stairs are on the mountain, you’ll understand why). It is also possible to purchase additional tickets (much cheaper) for a second cable car or an escalator atop the mountain, but the mountain can be perfectly enjoyed without these.
Mountain climbing elevator
On April 25, 2015, the world’s first installation in the mountain tunnel elevator officially opened operation. Mountain elevator running in the tunnel, all the day from the bottom to the top of the hill was, a total of 12 segments. The length of the escalator is 897m, the height is 340m, the total span is 692m, there are 16 sets 30m high height heavy load bus Escalators, three 20m high-load bus escalators, with a one-way 3600 / H delivery capacity.
- In March 2006, the Russian air force performed Su-27 and Su-30 aerobatics on the tianmen mountain.
- On September 24, 2011, the world’s top wing flight master Jeb Cornelis wearing a wing through the door hole.
- On September 24, 2013, the United States of America’s wings of the feathers Jeb Philles successfully crossed the door.
- Address:Tianmen Mountain Ticket Station
- Traffic information:On the south of Zhangjiajie city, close to the bus and train stations
- Suggested Duration:More than 3 hours
March–November: RMB 258; December–February: RMB 225 , children under 1.2 meters free of charge, children 1.2–1.5 meters half price; students with student ID RMB 158; seniors (60+) RMB 158 (passport needed as evidence).